Bringing A Mission to Life
Parity is a faith-based LGBTQ-focused organization based in NYC, that creates open and nurturing spaces:
• They do outreach work with LGBTQ homeless and at-risk teenagers in New York.
• And suppor LGBTQ people on the road to ministry
We created a new name and a new brand to help people embrace and express a powerful mission of the organization: that gender or sexual identity should be no barrier to faith.
My role was a Creative Director and a lead designer. I was responsible for setting the new creative direction for the brand. As a lead designer I created the logo and a new brand identity system. The new logo and identity was inspired by the concepts of "creating connections" and open spaces. I worked with a junior designer on the creation of all design applications that would reflect the new name and positioning of the organization such as:
• Website - parity.nyc
• Crisis Cards: Vital information for smartphone-less teens
• Prayer Cards: Including congregations
• Stickers: Easily, upliftingly branding anything!
• Posters: Volunteer-friendly templates. Standing out in shelters
• Maps: Locating safe restrooms for transgender youth, (often attacked and shamed)
The new brand was launched at the end of 2014 to a great success.
“We had double the number of teens applying for our retreat this year, and we had to add an extra retreat for our Pastors. Donations are up too! This new brand has meant the world to us.”
John Russell Stanger, Executive Director, Parity.